nano-devel

[Nano-devel] the description of --multibuffer

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] the description of --multibuffer
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:50:57 +0200

Hi,

The man page of nano (and also the --help usage text) say about the
option --multibuffer: "Enable multiple file buffers (if support for
them has been compiled in)".  This sounds to me as if nano without
--multibuffer will not know nor recognize the toggle M-F, not in the
main menu nor in the ^R Read File menu.  But that is not the case --
the option just toggles M-F to on right at the start.

So I think the description of --multibuffer should say: "Read a file
into a new buffer by default."  Or something like that.

Also: I find it strange that the toggle M-F is available in the main
menu when it is really only needed and relevant in the ^R Read File
menu.  The same goes for the M-B toggle, that is only relevant in the
^O Write Out menu.  Conversely, a toggle that would be useful to have
in the main menu -- make M-W search backwards -- is only available
in the ^W Where Is menu.  Any chance that we could sacrifice the
current M-F and M-B and reassign M-B to Backwards?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin