nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] undoing replacings in a marked region goes wrong

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] undoing replacings in a marked region goes wrong
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:12:18 +0200

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015, at 01:37, Mark Majeres wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 22:24, Mark Majeres wrote:
> >> I think the approach would work best if the
> >> selection is not partioned, but just recognized as the start and
> >> ending locations of the do_replace_loop().  In summary,
> >> do_replace_loop() needs to be reworked so that it will function the
> >> same for selections and non-selections.
>
> Please try this patch.

Thanks!  When the selection is the right side up, this works
beautifully.  (And there is no panic about the mark highlight
disappearing; it feels quite natural.)

However, when the selection is upside down, it does a replace
in the whole file.  To reproduce: 'src/nano +99 README', and:

M-A  <Up>  <Up>  <Up>
M-R  the  <Enter>  XXX  <Enter>  A

It has replaced 28 occurrences instead of just one.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web