nano-devel

[Nano-devel] unbinding/reassigning two or three keys

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] unbinding/reassigning two or three keys
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 09:11:55 +0200

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015, at 12:50, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> I find it strange that the toggle M-F is available in the main
> menu when it is really only needed and relevant in the ^R Read File
> menu.  The same goes for the M-B toggle, that is only relevant in the
> ^O Write Out menu.  Conversely, a toggle that would be useful to have
> in the main menu -- make M-W search backwards -- is only available
> in the ^W Where Is menu.  Any chance that we could sacrifice the
> current M-F and M-B and reassign M-B to Backwards?

If no one objects, I am going to take those two keys.  M-B will change
to toggling "search Backwards / forwards", and M-F will be reserved for
toggling "spellcheck From cursor / whole file".

But then... personally I would prefer to have a search-next-forward and
a search-next-backward function instead of a single search function with
a toggle.  Then I could bind M-W to find-next-forward, and M-B to find-
-next-backward -- although, that is a bit unintuitive, keypositionwise,
so I would probably bind find-next-forward to M-N.

Which brings us to M-N, the No-convert toggle.  Is it needed in the main
menu?  And why is it not present in the Read File menu?  Any objections
against removing it from the first and adding it to the second?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web