nano-devel

[Nano-devel] undoing deletions at the tail of the file adds a line

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] undoing deletions at the tail of the file adds a line
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 20:32:15 +0200

Hi,

When --nonewlines is not used (use --ignorercfiles to be sure),
and then doing some deletions and then undoing them again,
this adds an extra newline that wasn't there before.

Run for example 'src/nano --ignorercfiles +77 README'.
Try a <Down>; nothing happens, we're at the tail.

Now type: <Backspace>  <Backspace>  M-U  M-U
and then <Down>;  the cursor goes down one line;
an extra line has been added.

Attached patch fixes this.  The only unnice thing is that
it doesn't put back the cursor on the last line.  Mark?
Can this be fixed?  Or will we have to live with that?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are