nano-devel

[Nano-devel] undoing an add or delete does not update the file's total s

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] undoing an add or delete does not update the file's total size
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 18:00:09 +0200

Hi Mark and others,

When undoing a textual add (doing M-U after typing some letters) or
undoing a textual delete (doing M-U after typing Backspace or Delete),
the total file size as shown in the status bar when doing ^C is not
adjusted for the removed or readded characters.

To reproduce, run plain 'nano --ignorercfiles', and type:

aaa  ^C    (we're at 3 out of 4 chars, an automatic newline included)
M-U  ^C    (we're now at 0 out of 4 chars, but there's only 1 left!)
wwwwww  ^C    (we're at 6 out of 10)
[six times <Backspace>]  ^C    (again at 0 out of 4)
M-U  ^C    (now we're at 6 out of 4 -- hmmm)
[six times <Backspace>]  ^C    (now we're at 0 out of 4294967294 chars!)
M-U  ^C    (and now at 6 out of 4294967294 chars)

(When you're going to work on the code, be sure to do an 'svn up'
first -- I've done some renaming.)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and