nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Adding right to left (RTL) languages support

From: Mahyar Abbaspour
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Adding right to left (RTL) languages support
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:22:37 +0430

Hi Eitan,

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:15 PM, Eitan Adler <address@hidden> wrote:

I can speak/write enough Hebrew to be able to do basic tests but don't
write it on a day to day basis.  In other words: I'd be able to make
sure that nothing obvious is broken wouldn't be likely to encounter
unobvious bugs unless I went looking for them.

That'd be great. Everyone's contribution to this feature is welcomed.

That said, RTL support, along with full unicode support, should be
considered preconditions to a modern text editor.  I'd suggest
starting a branch on github, and writing the code, integrating
upstream changes quickly so you don't diverge too much.  This would
also make it possible to rebase patches into ones that could be
committed upstream (such as making infrastructure changes) that might
be possible to be committed before the complete rework is done.

I created a branch of nano on github. You can access it via

https://github.com/mahyarap/nano

Anybody who is interested in contributing or testing, please refer to the
link provided above.

Regards,
--

Mahyar