nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] when a file is shorter than the screen, don't start on

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] when a file is shorter than the screen, don't start on the middle line
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 12:12:44 +0100

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 01:44, David Niklas wrote:
> Great idea, that bothers me sometimes too. Might also be nice to show
> as much of the file as possible when the pointer is at the end and the
> files it too large to fit in one screen.

Then I would say "near the end" instead of "at the end".  The two
situations then become one, covered by this algorithm:

  when the remembered cursor position is less than half the number of
  edit-window lines away from the tail of the file, start displaying
  the file at 'tail minus editwindowlines' (or at zero when that sum
  arrives at less than zero).

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be