nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Unable to build nano from svn on Ubuntu 15.10

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Unable to build nano from svn on Ubuntu 15.10
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 16:08:11 +0100

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015, at 13:41, Sam Reed wrote:
> ./configure: line 8316: syntax error near unexpected token `NCURSESW,'
> ./configure: line 8316: `     PKG_CHECK_MODULES(NCURSESW, ncursesw,'

Hm, that is the same error as was reported here:
    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44630

In aclocal.m4 it says this:

# Note that if there is a possibility the first call to
# PKG_CHECK_MODULES might not happen, you should be sure to include an
# explicit call to PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG in your configure.ac

So... please try the attached patch and rerun ./autogen.sh.
I doubt that it can help, but that's what the comment says.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own