nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano-2.4.3pre1 ready for testing

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano-2.4.3pre1 ready for testing
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 11:14:44 +0100

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015, at 11:33, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Does anyone find value in having a dedicated 2.4 / stable series?
> > Distribution maintainers especially, what say ye?
>
> I think Gentoo packages the new stuff anyway?

They would package a 2.5.0 versioned tarball.  I don't think they
offer SVN HEAD to their users.

> Given limited available effort, optimizing for getting all the work
> out there seems like the better strategy to me.

Exactly my idea.  It's no use having fixes and features sitting
around in SVN, they should go out there and get any bugs shaken
out as soon as possible.  And the freshest versions... that is
what the more adventurous users of Arch and Gentoo and
Debian-testing want.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...