nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano-2.4.3pre1 ready for testing

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano-2.4.3pre1 ready for testing
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:12:30 -0500

This is sort of where my brain was: I'm very used to having prod and
beta at minimum versions of software as a consumer  of software, but
in my professional life there has definitely been a move, as Benno
points out, to having release live very close to trunk all the time.

We could as a compromise do something like: move the 'stability
indicator' in x.y.z from the y value to the z, and just say every
other release (i.e. the 'evens' excepting .0 of course) we'll focus on
bugs from user reports.  Not that new features can't be in those
releases at all, just that we'll focus on bug fixes primarily.