nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [patch] exit without saving the buffer

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [patch] exit without saving the buffer
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 15:11:18 -0500

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 09:17:38PM +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > Yes, I like that one.  I wouldn't use ^X though (too close
> > to ^C, too easy to discard the file when you just meant to
> > cancel the save), nor ^Y (feels too much like "Yes, save").
> >
> > I was thinking of ^Q (Quit), but sounds too much like quitting
> > the entire program.  ^A (Abandon), ^D (Discard), ^K (Kill-it)
> > are already used for editing the filename.  So I would suggest
> > ^R (Reject, Rubbish) or ^J (Junk-it).
>
> Attached patch adds this feature.  It uses ^Q after all, because
> ^R is too close to ^T, and in this submenu Meta is only used for
> toggles, Ctrl is used for actions -- so M-R would be out of style.
>
> Comments welcome.

Hey Benno,

Like the idea, and ^O^Q definitely makes sense as the proper keystrokes.

I had trouble getting the patch to apply to 2.5.0 but I assume it works
against trunk.

I really think we need a do_yesno_prompt for "are you sure you want to
lose all changes" before we bail on the editor, especially
if the current buffer is modified.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org