nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] selecting text by holding Shift

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] selecting text by holding Shift
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 12:45:20 +0100

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 22:48, address@hidden wrote:
> Shift arrow key does not work with my term. Ctrl and Alt do. I'm using
> rxvt.
> Neither do HOME and END.

Strange.  For me, with the latest patch, on an rxvt, <Shift+Left>,
<Shift+Right>, <Shift+Home> and <Shift+End> work: they
select text in the expected way.  (The latter two don't work on
an xterm or Gnome terminal.)

All the other combinations don't work: they either do nothing,
saying "Unknown Command", or do the same as if Ctrl or Alt
weren't pressed.

> HINT: Use terminfo. /etc/terminfo /usr/share

Hints don't help me anything.  Give me working code.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service