nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for bug #44950

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for bug #44950
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 20:28:09 +0100

Hi Rishabh,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 19:10, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> I guess this patch, at least this time :D , should work well
> for invalid filenames and non-existing directories.

Thanks for the patch.  However... it doesn't work.

Running 'src/nano doc/frap' says:
[ Invalid filename. Save under different name. ]

But it is a perfectly valid file and directory name;
it's just a new file.

Running 'src/nano woooo/frap' still says:
[ Error writing lock file: Directory 'woooo' doesn't exist ]

It should just say that the directory does not exist,
that is: the last part of the message.  It shouldn't
attempt to write a lock file in a non-existent dir.

> I have
> tried following use cases under my working directory which
> was nano-2.5.0.

Ehm...?  Which use cases?

> It basically detects them by counting number of slashes.

Hmm.  This doesn't sound like a good method.  I would
expect the code doing a stat on the part before the last
slash in the given filename.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software