nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Fwd: .gz support, DONE

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Fwd: .gz support, DONE
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 21:22:55 +0100

Tilman Weiers wrote:
> My changes affect one file only, which is files.c. As I commenced
> implementation, I reviewed the support for .gz files in vim and in lv.
> Both vim and lv rely on the gzip system command. My review thus
> suggested that the approach via the gzip system command is preferred to
> other approaches such as shell script or zlib.

Nice.  Attached is a version of the patch based on current SVN.
The use of whitespace was normalized, and the main change is
to only check for th presence of gzip when it would actually
be needed (and not for every file that is opened).

Who would like to see this go in?  Chris, Eitan, Jordi, Kamil,
Mike?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A fast, anti-spam email service.