nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] add position history blacklist regex ?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] add position history blacklist regex ?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:35:39 +0100

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 21:08, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> one thing i've noticed with the new filepos feature is that it does not
> play well with files that are, by design, temporal.  for example, when
> committing w/git, it will always use the filename .git/COMMIT_EDITMSG.
> or when rebasing, it will always use .git/rebase-merge/git-rebase-todo.
> the content of these files is never the same, so resuming position is
> not only pointless, but actually kind of bad as you almost always want
> the cursor to start at (0,0).

How about setting EDITOR="nano +1" in .bashrc?

That solves the issue for me with git and svn commit messages.
Are there any other files where you don't want nano to remember
the cursor position?

(Thanks for bringing this up.  I had already gotten into the habit
of typing M-\ when doing an 'svn commit' or 'git commit' and never
thought about getting rid of this nuisance.)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service