nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] how Alt+6 should behave

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] how Alt+6 should behave
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 23:25:19 +0530

Hello Sir,

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

(Also, the whitespace was still not correct in your patch.
See the version that I tested, attached.  I also turned the
logic around, but that is just my preference.)

Ehm... I tried couple of times but I couldn't find what it is. I tried diff, diff with cat -A and vimdiff apart from nano (ALT+P option). Is it as follows -

Code in patch I sent -

+..../*.Put.the.cursor.at.the.end.of.the.pasted.text,.if.we.are.not.copying
+>  .*.text..*/
+>  if.(!copy_text)
+>  ....openfile->current.=.openfile->filebot;
.....openfile->current_x.=.strlen(openfile->filebot->data);

Code in patch you sent -

 +..../*.When.not.copying,.put.the.cursor.at.the.end.of.the.pasted.text..*/
+....if.(put_cursor)
+>  openfile->current.=.openfile->filebot;
.....openfile->current_x.=.strlen(openfile->filebot->data);

Could you please point me to the mistake or to the nature of it (like last time, tabs were actually only set of spaces)?

About progress in patch,

I achieved the effect - cursor doesn't move while selecting and copying text - for all movements while selecting text i.e. up, down, left and right. However, they are little unstable. Also highlighting text while selecting the effect is remaining (I have figured where is that under our source code) and --cut and --wrap are unstable; it will take some time. I wanted to send a patch to confirm things are what we want but I keep repeating that whitespace-mistake.

About changes in code,

I added mark_end and mark_end_x (like mark_begin and mark_begin_x) in 'openfilestruct' to allow cursor to remain at place by relieving current and current_x as another mark (bottom mark while forward selection and top mark while backward selection) while selecting text. This is leading to duplication of code with slight change to move mark_end instead of current. Is that okay? Alternative function would be more inefficient, I guess.

Could we build nano under it's svn directory? It doesn't naturally due to lack of 'Makefile.in', so I usually build under different directory.

Thank You in advance. :)