nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] --disable-largefile breaks bash-completion

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] --disable-largefile breaks bash-completion
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 18:09:32 +0100

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016, at 00:05, Simon Arons wrote:
> When running "./configure" I've noticed that bash-completion breaks
> after "--disable-largefile".

To clarify, you mean that when composing a command line and
typing the following:

  ./configure --dis <Tab> la <Tab>  --dis <Tab>

nothing further happens.  Confirmed on a recent Manjaro install.
It will also happen after a --disable-operatingdir, because of a
different rule in the file you mentioned.

> In my
> "/usr/share/bash-completion/completions/configure" the completion,
> which I believe breaks it since it expects a file or directory, is as
> follow:
>
> --*file)
>     _filedir
>     return
>     ;;

It seems that this rule is meant to cover --cache-file=FILE.
If so, then they better make the rule more specific.

The rule that catches also --disable-operatingdir could be
made more specific by adding the = at the end, I think.

> I don't know if I should consider this expected behavior, report it as
> a bug and if so report it as a bug in nano or in bash-completion.

It's a bug in bash-completion.  On an older system, the
completions work fine for me.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own