nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: some strings with problems

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: some strings with problems
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 11:12:56 +0100

One thing I forgot: in the main nano help text, there is this phrase:
"Control-key sequences are notated with a caret (^) symbol...", and then:
"Escape-key sequences are notated with the Meta (M-) symbol...".

I think the second phrase should start with "Meta-key sequences...".
The average user will not know (nor care) that pressing an Alt+key
combination produces not a simple code but in fact a series of bytes
that start with the ASCII ESC code.

So I propose the attached patch.

Benno

--