nano-devel

[Nano-devel] getting a warning across [patch]

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] getting a warning across [patch]
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 11:31:10 +0100

Hi all,

Sometimes users start editing a file and overlook the warning
that the file is unwritable.  At the end they are then annoyed
that they can't save the file.  Some even suggest that nano
should then offer to run sudo to save the file...

I think it's better to make the warning stand out more.  One
way would be to use sound, but Mike hates noises, so in the
attached patch I've opted for color.  For warnings and errors,
the statusbar is colored red, with brightwhite lettering.

What do you think?

(The patch does not yet include the rcfile.c changes needed to
allow setting a different color pair, nor any documentation
changes.)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service