nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Escape-Escape keyboard sequences on iTerm2

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Escape-Escape keyboard sequences on iTerm2
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:45:36 +0100

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016, at 14:10, Mike Scalora wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden>
> > Do you mean iTerm sec, or iTerm2?  Or doesn't that make a
> > difference?
>
> iTerm2, as I understand it iTerm (1) is dead, no updates in over 5 years.
> The changes might work on the old iTerm but I have not investigated.

Okay, it was just to get the naming right.

> #1, Currently the Option-Left and Option-Right insert characters into the
> document which is some times hard to notice.

Are there any other Option+key keystrokes that produce characters
instead of nothing or "Unknown Command"?

> > Aren't Command+Left-arrow, Command+Riight-arrow used for
> > Home and End, that is: for beginning-of-line and end-of-line?
>
> That is on Apple's list of standard shortcuts but doesn't apply to the two
> popular terminals.

Which is the other popular terminal?  And does the patch work
on that one too?

> This new patch should have all the changes you suggested.

Okay.  Thanks.  I tweaked a few things, though, to avoid two
unneeded calls of sc_seq_or() and an unneeded checking of
the keyboard buffer length.  Please verify whether this still
works for you, and whether the changes are okay with you.

Confirmation from some other OS X / iTerm2 users would be
nice too.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free