nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 10:15:17 +0200

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016, at 12:50, Mike Scalora wrote:
> A link to that message might help anyone thinking of contributing
> but it sounds like there are few people interested.

Well, Mark and Mahyar contributed clear bug fixes, and those get
accepted, of course.  And once you have contributed some fixes,
you stand a much better chance of getting a proposal for extension
accepted -- when the patch is not invasive, I can understand it, and
the feature is disabled by default.

> I'm obviously overthinking "the process". For some reason I thought an
> official GNU project would have more process tradition or informal tribal
> customs.

Nano is small, and it has languished from 2010 to 2014, so it is quiet
on the mailing lists.  And people have other things to do.  I am the
only one with lots of time on his hands.  So I amuse myself fixing
little bugs and sawing off tiny pieces of redundant code.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A fast, anti-spam email service.