nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] tab completion in the browser

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] tab completion in the browser
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 22:21:44 +0530

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> Did that. But I feel 'where_we_are' is ambiguous (not opposing the
>> substitution of path_save). Maybe only I feel that way.
>
> Looks fine to me.  What does 'path_save' mean?  What path? Saved
> from what?  To me it's just as unclear, and far less unique.

I, too, support replacement of path_save with a better name. Ambiguous
as in, while reading source code where_we_are is *less* alluding to
the fact that we are storing path in there.

> Run 'src/nano' and type: ^R ^T M-G /home <Enter>.
> And then type: M-G ../d <Tab> <Tab> <Tab>
>
> I would have expected it to show me ../dev, but it does nothing,
> or shows me dirs above the nano directory.
>
> When the provided path contains a slash, cwd_tab_completion
> ignores where_we_are and interprets the path relative to the
> current working directory.
>
> This won't be easy to fix, because when the provided path
> starts with a slash or a tilde, where_we_are must be ignored.
> But when not, it should concatenate where_we_are and the
> given path, and then split off a filename again.

Patch attached concatenates dirname to where_we_are to be relative to
current path in browser (and not to path where nano was invoked). Thus
tabbing would be successful.

I have added comments to some assignments to make their purpose more
clear. Hopefully they are not redundant.