nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] tab completion in the browser

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] tab completion in the browser
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 21:25:11 +0200

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016, at 14:55, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Benno Schulenberg
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > It seems that present_path needs to be concatenated with buf
> > before cwd_tab_completion() is called.
>
> Ohk... That means every buf passed to cwd_tab_completion should
> contain absolute path. But won't editing the buf would make scenario
> more complicated?

Possibly.  Haven't looked into that.

> We could also make path absolute for is_dir and then trim it again.

Oof.  That is ugly -- first extend, then trim again.  It would be
much simpler to just leave mzero alone and make an additional
concatenation, and then test both for being a directory (the
second test will only be done if the first fails).  See attached.

> I guess, not a very clean idea but much less complicated.

/Less/ complicated!?  :)

> I have applied this method and tested it. It works.

Yes, it seems to work nicely now.

If you are content with the way things look, then please run
in your patched source tree:

git checkout -b tabbing
git commit -as

(Type a nice commit message that describes the change, and
the need for it, and refer to the bug on Savannah.)

git format-patch master

Then please attach that patch.  Here, and to the bug.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again