nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] time for a 2.5.4-pre1?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] time for a 2.5.4-pre1?
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 09:29:04 +0200

On Fri, May 6, 2016, at 07:23, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> I need *all* folks who are actively submitting patches to speak up
> right now about whether they want their changes to be assigned to the
> FSF

As you know, I will not assign my copyright to the FSF, nor to
anyone else.  All the code I write is GPL'ed.  You don't need to
own the copyright on any code in order to be able to enforce the
GPL.  (That is the beauty of the GPL: it passes most rights to
the user, plus the obligation to pass those same rights on to
the next user.)

> and/or whether they're willing to work in the Savannah system.

The Savannah system is fine.  You don't need to be a GNU package
in order to be able to use Savannah.

> If folks are not interested in following that process, the best thing
> might just be to move to github or another repository

Github is no good; it is a closed system.  If you move to github,
then I'm done.

> Benno, Mike S,
> Mike F, Mark M, especially interested in hearing your take.

It seems that Mark Majeres has disappeared.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be