nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 12:17:21 +0200

On Thu, May 12, 2016, at 13:21, Mike Scalora wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Benno Schulenberg
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I thought to have found something that couldn't be undone,
> > but I can't reproduce.  Even when I make a mess, it gets
> > fully undone and redone.  It's looking good.
>
> I can make undo change only lines that are offscreen

??

> but if we want to
> put the cursor back where it was at the time of the operation, it
> can't be helped.

I don't follow what you're saying here.  Undo should not change
something and keep it out of view (unless of course the changed
region is so large that it doesn't fit entirely on the screen).

> > Oh, and one question.  What is the advantage of having
> > comment "#" in several syntax files over relying on the
> > built-in default?
>
> Explicitness. It makes it a bit easier for someone looking in those
> files to see where it is coming from.

Okay.

One other thing:

+           statusbar(action == COMMENT ? _("The line is not commentable") :
+                                       _("The line is not uncommentable"));

How can a line not be commentable?  Isn't this case already handled
by the 'if (strlen(comment_seq) == 0)' above?  Or is this just for
the magic line?

Testing...  Run 'src/nano --ignore --nonew +99 README', then type:
M-3  M-U

Segmentation fault.

Benno

--