nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 10:12:33 +0200

On Wed, May 18, 2016, at 04:39, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 17 May 2016 18:58, Mike Scalora wrote:
> > Are you suggesting the comment feature flag should start a new
> > convention by itself? Right now NANO_TINY is the only affirmative flag

NANO_TINY may sound affirmative, but in fact --enable-tiny means
--disable-many-things.  It is the same negative logic as the other ones.

> > and an all the other features are negative/disable flags.
> >
> > It wouldn't take that much to switch to ENABLE_COMMENT but would it
> > make more sense to switch all the feature flags at the same time?
>
> if we agree on the direction, i think we can move them over bit by bit.
> or at least, not add more badness that we'll just need to undo in the
> future.

I agree.  Let's start using the positive logic, and later move over the
others to ENABLE_THING too.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free