nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 13:47:48 +0200

On Thu, May 19, 2016, at 04:35, Mike Scalora wrote:
> Ok, the configure.ac changes were a bit trickier than I thought,
> please check that extra carefully.

Hmm.  Why am I not allowed to configure like this:

  ./configure --enable-tiny --enable-color --enable-nanorc --enable-comment

What is it that tiny disables that you need in order to make the
comment/uncomment feature work?

Plus, I would think you don't even need the syntax files to
make the feature work.  Okay, yes, comments will be limited
to the hash character, but that is good enough for shell and
Python and several other scripts.  So... I would like to be able
to configure like this:

  ./configure --enable-tiny --enable-comment

Oh, by the way: the comment marker for texinfo is not "#"
but "@c ".

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own