nano-devel

[Nano-devel] getting ready to merge the Comment/Uncomment feature

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] getting ready to merge the Comment/Uncomment feature
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 21:12:09 +0200

On Sun, May 22, 2016, at 15:28, Mike Scalora wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Benno Schulenberg
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > It would be much simpler to only disregard lines that are fully
> > empty, meaning: line->data[0] == '\0'.  That would stop the
> > magicline from being a special case, too.
>
> We can't stop coddling now. There will be too many bug reports.

Hrm... grudgingly, I agree.

> If only blank lines are selected, I comment now.

Yes, better.

> Now the only time
> nothing happens is if just the magic line is selected, so only one
> error message.
>
> "Can't comment past the end of the file."

I am tempted to make this into:
sleep(1); statusbar("No comment"); sleep(1); and blank the bar.

:)

Attached a tweaked patch.  I've placed the pick_up_name("comment") in
rcfile.c correctly, added a rebinding ability to global.c, updated the
texinfo document, added a missing space after the texinfo comment marker,
edited most of the comments, moved the --disable-comment to its correct
alphbetical position, modified empty_string() to better match the other
code in nano, have moved "Comment Lines" toward the end of the list
(where the new functions are), plus a couple of other minor changes.

If you are okay with this version, please create a patch with a commit
message and a signed-off line.

Everyone else: if there are no objections, I will merge this in another
two or three days.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...