nano-devel

[Nano-devel] solving a history bug in nano [patch]

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] solving a history bug in nano [patch]
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 12:00:59 +0200

Hello Tito,

Six years ago you reported a crash of nano on the Armel platform
when searching for any string.  You supplied a patch that fixed
the crash for you [1] [2], and it was applied.

However, the patch causes nano to lose history items, as I found
out yesterday: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48048.

So I intend to revert the patch, because the original code is correct.
Could you test this patch with a modern nano (2.5.3 or git) and see if
it now works on Armel?  (Possibly other changes in the code prevent
the crash now.)  If it still crashes, could it be that strncmp is not
implemented correctly on Armel?

Regards,

Benno

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2009-12/msg00015.html