nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] solving a history bug in nano [patch]

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] solving a history bug in nano [patch]
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 09:20:24 +0200

On Sun, May 29, 2016, at 23:58, Tito wrote:
> if i run it with valgrind it does not segfault and there is nothing
> suspicious in the TRAIL file, without valgrind it segfaults at first
> search.

Okay.  First try running 'src/nano --ignore', to exclude the possible
influence of any settings and of unexpected characters in the exsisting
history file.  If that still segfaults, then try instead of (size_t)-1
the values 100, 255, 32000, 65535.  If none of those segfault, then at
least we have a workaround: nobody is going to type sixty-five thousand
characters to search for.

Put back (size_t)-1 and then run 'gdb src/nano', type 'run', make it
segfault, and then type 'backtrace'.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service