nano-devel

[Nano-devel] configure error

From: Mike Scalora
Subject: [Nano-devel] configure error
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 16:44:59 -0600

I setup a new Lubuntu VM and tried to get nano building but ran into
an old problem.

Running configure:

    checking for vprintf... yes
    checking for _doprnt... no
    checking for getopt_long... yes
    ./configure: line 8350: syntax error near unexpected token `NCURSESW,'
    ./configure: line 8350: ` PKG_CHECK_MODULES(NCURSESW, ncursesw,'

I think it is the same problem as mentioned in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2014-04/msg00007.html
but the solutions didn't work or I was using them wrong.

All the my gory details are shown here:
https://gist.github.com/mscalora/9e4d565e03ba82908d6b8a498e0e99ee

That shows all the packages installed, all my attempts and things I
tried from the mailing list message above.

Any ideas?

-Mike