nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] segmentation fault when trying to browse to an inaccess

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] segmentation fault when trying to browse to an inaccessible directory
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 22:27:26 +0200

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016, at 18:21, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> Okay... found two things -
>
> First, accessing directory noaccess using M-T option ("Go To
> Directory"-prompt) leads to segfault

Ah.  Okay.  That's a different bug -- very much related, but it's
not caused by my patch, it was there before.  We'll fix this one
later, in a separate patch.

> Second, accessing a directory with no read permission lead to jump of
> selection to "..".

Good testing.  This one is caused by my patch; the patch needs to
be improved.

>Rearranging code took care of it. Code is in attached patch -
> "no2-keep-selection-when-file-has-no-read-permit.patch"

Hm.  Now I have to compare your patch with mine to see what was
changed.  Please provide your changes as a patch on top of my
patch.  That is: make a branch, apply my patch, commit it, make
the needed changes, and send the git diff of that.

> There is a third patch, attached, that adds a comment.

Don't bother adding comments.  (But if, then as a patch on top
of the necessary changes.)

> I realized it should be avoided to reopen cwd after
> selected directory has no access due to redundancy.

You've lost me there.  Let's keep it to just one thing, the
no2 problem.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service