nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] segmentation fault when trying to browse to an inaccess

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] segmentation fault when trying to browse to an inaccessible directory
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 20:07:03 +0200

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016, at 18:37, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> There is one scenario where I felt a message will be /better/ even
> though things might self-evident. (The recipe is at the end, in words:
> ) If we run src/nano, open the browser, with second terminal remove
> access permission for entire nano repo and then if we continue to
> browse in (first terminal's) nano's browser info becomes "--" for
> every directory/file that gets highlighted.

Not just for the ones that are highlighted, but for all shown files/dirs
as soon as you move the cursor.  But... nice find.  :)

> We could print a message
> like "Lost permission for current directory".

Hm...  No, overkill.  It will be clear what happened as soon as the user
tries to select something: Permission denied.

Thanks for extensive testing.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin