nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] titlecolor

From: Mike Scalora
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] titlecolor
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 06:47:43 -0600

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 5:17 AM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016, at 00:38, Mike Scalora wrote:
>> Mac: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikescalora/27598436996
>> Linux: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikescalora/27354806790
>>
>> Note: the linux case was using my Mac with iTerm and SSHing into the
>> headless box.
>
> Weird.  Same terminal, same settings, different result.
>
> When you use --ignore, do you get a full titlebar in reverse video?

I get normal reverse video.

> If you use the 2.5.3 release, is the result the same?

I just built the 2.5.3 tarball on Mac and it has the same problem,
only 'Modified' shows up in the specified color.

I use a crazy zsh system with colorful status prompt so I tried it
with plain bash and it has the same problem.

> When you loop ssh into the Mac itself, what does it show then?

It looks correct. I also tried the OS Terminal app and it looks correct too.

> Benno

OK, I just used the Mac package manager brew to install 2.5.3 and it
works correctly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ncurses with brew, reconfigured and
rebuilt, now it works correctly. The configure output was identical, I
diffed it.

More interesting, even the old bin I build before reinstalling curses
works correctly. A dynamic library or dynamic library search path
changed? Oh well.

Now it works everywhere, old bins, new bins, may latest changes, etc.
Enough time wasted. Sorry.

-Mike