nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] update on web hosting

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] update on web hosting
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:52:58 +0200

El dl 20 de 06 de 2016 a les 12:04 -0400, en/na Mike Frysinger va
escriure:
> On 20 Jun 2016 17:03, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > >
> > > but it doesn't actually serve that purpose.  the symlink is
> > > pointing
> > > to the latest branch, not the latest release.
> >
> > What Debian does is: watch the contents of a directory.
> > If one day it changes, a little man on the maintainer's desk
> > starts waving a flag.
>
> so they'll get a notice on 2.5.x->2.6.x, but at the end of the day,
> they still need to monitor some announce list for 2.6.x->2.6.y ?
> still doesn't seem like it's all that useful to me.

My watch file was looking at ftp.gnu.org, and that is a flat dir with
all releases ever. Now that I've changed to nano-editor.org, I'm
looking at https://nano-editor.org/dist/v(.*)/nano-(.*).tar.gz.

Can we switch to .tar.xz, while doing housekeeping? Or publish both
formats.

I've just uploaded 2.6.0 to unstable.

Jordi
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/