nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] streamlining a bit of syntax coloring

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] streamlining a bit of syntax coloring
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:24:37 +0530

Hello Sir,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> If you'd like another small task, here is one.
>
> Change things so that instead of:
>
>            if (varnish->bright)
>                wattron(edit, A_BOLD);
>            wattron(edit, COLOR_PAIR(varnish->pairnum));
>
> just this is needed:
>
>            wattron(edit, varnish->attributes);
>
> and instead of:
>
>            wattroff(edit, A_BOLD);
>            wattroff(edit, COLOR_PAIR(varnish->pairnum));
>
> just this:
>
>            wattroff(edit, varnish->attributes);
>
> Besides those changes, the patch should not add more than
> four extra lines.

I have reduced number of statements but I don't know if that is
exactly what we want. Besides, curses.h looks too big and I have no
exposure; meaning: patch could be horrible. But I have given a good
attempt. As far as I could see, rewriting of code did not affect the
output i.e. colouring.