nano-devel

[Nano-devel] do we still want to support Slang?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] do we still want to support Slang?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:17:19 +0200

Hi all,

Apparently I've never tried configuring nano with --with-slang.
Doing so today resulted in a few compilation errors, that are
now fixed in git.

But... when compiled --with-slang, resizing the window does not
work: nano does not adapt, and when you then continue editing,
it messes up the screen.  But worse: with slang, the Ctrl+Left
and Ctrl+Right keys don't work, nor Shift+Left and Shift+Right,
nor any other modifier combinations with the arrow keys.  For
me, this takes away almost all usefulness of the editor.

So, the question is: does anyone use --with-slang?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web