nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 17:58:40 +0200

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 17:24, Faissal Bensefia wrote:
> I've attached the new diff, compute_maxrows() was miscalculating how
> many lines we had, subtracting 1 from the margin seems to correct the
> issue without affecting situations where the line numbers are disabled.

First, this can't be right, because it will see each screen line
as consisting of COLS-1 characters for computing how many
softwrapped lines fit on it (when margin is zero).

Second, it doesn't fix the issue.  When running 'stty rows 20 &&
stty cols 70 && src/nano --ignore --softwrap +999 README --line'
the cursor is still after "hand" instead of on the final line.

(Also, please don't top-post.)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - IMAP accessible web-mail