nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:34:53 +0200

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 21:54, Faissal Bensefia wrote:
> On 10/10/16 12:37, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > Probably it will be
> > cheaper to compute a COLS - margin up front and use that everywhere
> > instead of repeating the computation many times.
>
> Maybe, but we'd have to anticipate every time either margin or COLS
> changed.

But that is easy.  COLS can only change upon a SIGWINCH, which
is one location.  And margin is set in just three locations.

> Really, it's a nitpick that can be dealt with in future after
> it's pushed.

True.  But... polish is nice.  :)

You will need the attached small modification to your patch,
because display_string() is also used to put things on the
statusbar, where margin is irrelevant.

I would like to see how things look without the vertical line
beside the line numbers, so please provide a version of your
patch without that line, with just a single space between
line number and text.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...