nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] adding a word-completion feature to nano

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] adding a word-completion feature to nano
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 13:08:42 +0200

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 12:55, Sumedh Pendurkar wrote:
> Yes, actually I am working on that. I have made a navigation bar
> at the bottomwin that would allow users to navigate and select words.

No, I don't want a navigation bar -- I don't want the focus to move
from the place where the user is typing.  I wish word-completion to
work pretty much exactly like in Emacs.

> Its very tough to do that for me at this moment that it would
> around the current word.

...  I don't grasp what you're trying to say there.

> I think we should add to the repository and allow users to comment
> on technical faults (other than UI) that may exist and fix that.

No, nothing will be added to the repo until it is in a form
that I am content with.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin