nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: line numbers?

From: David Niklas
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: line numbers?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 17:44:25 -0400

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 17:30:50 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2016, at 21:01, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > Attached is a version of the patch, tweaked for
> > style.  There is still something wrong with configure.ac,
> > but I'll fix that later.
>
> Attached patch has the configuring fixed, has been updated
> for current git, properly prints out with --version how it
> was configured, and has a function renamed.
>
> > Now, peoples...  What do you think of this patch?
> > If no one else clamors for line numbers, if no one
> > says "Yeah", I will wait until someone does.
>
> Waiting...
>
> Benno
Sorry Benno and list, I think it was me that wrote that I liked this
feature.
<OT>
I've just now caught up on my emails after letting them rot while I
was searching for another presidential candidate to vote for (instead of
Trump or Clinton (USA)).
Found one. Name Darrell Castle. Great guy!
</OT>

I just checked out and built nano.
I think you should remove the space between the numbers and the files
text. The reason is that if you're editing code and you're trying to
figure out what the indentation is it will be more difficult if there is
an extra space in there and people will forget that there is an extra
space there also.

Thanks,
David