nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] adding a word-completion feature to nano

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] adding a word-completion feature to nano
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 15:07:15 +0100

Hello Sumedh,

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016, at 14:01, Sumedh Pendurkar wrote:
> > Just another approach to solve this issue.
> > instead of using do_backspace() or charmove we can use do_undo() and
> > suppress the message on statusline.

Good!  Nice and clean.

> > then discard_until(openfile->current_undo, openfile);

But what does that do?  Discarding until current_undo does
nothing, right?

> solved that issue..suppressed that message in do_undo function.
> temporarily disabled wrapping words before do_output and then do the
> wrap. so that only one item gets added in undo stack.

Upon first testing, I got some strange behavior, but cannot
reproduce that any more.  It seems to work well -- but I don't
understand why.  :)  How is it possible that a single undo undoes
both the line wrap and the attempted completion?  I can't break it,
so it must be correct, but it feels like magic.

I've pushed a tweaked version of your patch to the branch.
Please verify that you are okay with it.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A fast, anti-spam email service.