nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Nano Highlighting Syntax Inclusions

From: serialhex
Subject: [Nano-devel] Nano Highlighting Syntax Inclusions
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:27:07 -0500

Hello all!  I have recently joined as I figured this would be the best place to discuss something that was brought to my attention recently.

Over on GitHub I host a little repo with a bunch of Nano syntax highlighting styles (link: https://github.com/serialhex/nano-highlight).  Recently I got a pull request, and after resolving that the gentleman inquired about why the syntaxes aren't in the official Nano package (link to comment: https://github.com/serialhex/nano-highlight/pull/29#issuecomment-271888554).  While I think it would be nice to include these files - with or without attribution - I didn't want to storm in here and DEMAND YOU ADD MY HIGHLIGHTING FILES!!!! OR ELSE!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!  *ahm*

The files aren't all GPL, but they are in licenses that are as-or-more permissible than the GPL, so in that regard there shouldn't be any issue.  They aren't "uniform" as I've mostly just collected & posted them in one place for ease of access.  I'm leaving it open to the devs & community to include these is you like.

Thanks for your time, and have an awesome day!!
Justin

--
Please don't assume Lisp is only useful for Animation and Graphics, AI, Bioinformatics, B2B and Ecommerce, Data Mining, EDA/Semiconductor applications, Expert Systems, Finance, Intelligent Agents, Knowledge Management, Mechanical CAD, Modeling and Simulation, Natural Language, Optimization, Research, Risk Analysis, Scheduling, Telecom, and Web Authoring just because these are the only things they happened to list.
  - Kent Pitman

This email is protected under the Fourth Amendment of the United States of America, the text of which states:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

This email is one of my "effects" and my "effects" shall be secure "against unreasonable searches and seizures".  Collecting this email - seizing it - or gathering data or metadata on this email - searching it - is prohibited by the Constitution of the United States of America unless you have a Warrant, issued with "probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation" and "particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized".