nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] File insertion revamp

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] File insertion revamp
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 16:34:45 +0100

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017, at 16:14, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Small problem: add 'set justifytrim' to your nanorc, then run:
>
>     src/nano --constant +4 README.GIT
>
> Then type alternatingly ^J and ^U.
>
> See how the character count increases by one with every ^J --
> that is: the number of line breaks in the justified text.

Attached patch fixes that -- I think.  It also throws in some
indentation and comment fixes, but you can leave those out.
I think using is_blank_mbchar() is wrong anyway: a hard space
should not be trimmed, nor any other kinds of space -- because
nano only ever puts a normal space back, it should trim only
plain ASCII spaces.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be