nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] a problem with tabs after the overhaul

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] a problem with tabs after the overhaul
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 10:12:20 -0500

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 5:06 AM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Ehm... 72 % 75 is 72.  It is 75 % 75 that is zero.  And 78 % 75 is 3.

Right; I apparently mistyped again.

> This is where the mistake is.  leftedge should instead be set to the
> beginning of the chunk that placewewant is on.  Yes, this means that
> when doing Up or Down in softwrap mode, the placewewant *does* have to
> be updated.  See attached patch for a rough attempt (just for Up and
> Down; PgUp and PgDown will probably need something similar).

Okay.  I was reluctant to break that rule.  If it fixes this, I guess
it's a small price to pay, though :) It's just that we're effectively
making horizontal movement into vertical, which muddles things nicely.

> Is there anything wrong with this method?  Where does it break down?

It definitely looks as though it could work; thanks.  However, I most
likely won't have time to look at it in detail until Tuesday.  I'll let
you know as soon as I can.