nano-devel

[Nano-devel] RFC: should nano respond to a SIGCONT?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] RFC: should nano respond to a SIGCONT?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 11:07:21 +0200

Hi all,

I've just tried suspending nano with ^Z and then waking
it up with a 'kill -SIGCONT <pid>' in another terminal.

When doing that, the contents of the current file are
displayed again, the cursor has returned to its former
place, but nano is not actually active: the shell still
has control of the terminal -- which becomes obvious
when you type <Up> a few times.

For testing, I've removed the setting of the SIGCONT
handler from nano, and ^Z plus fg still work fine.

So, does anyone know of any scenario where responding
to SIGCONT is useful?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web