nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano packed as a snap for ubuntu Core

From: Viorel Bota
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano packed as a snap for ubuntu Core
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 18:36:40 +0300

Ok, I will do that.

On Jun 11, 2017 18:34, "Benno Schulenberg" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Viorel,

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017, at 21:02, Viorel Bota wrote:
> I would like to have the GNU nano editor packed as a snap for armhf and
> distributed via a snap store [...]
>
> Is the GNU nano already available as a snap?

??  Don't know.  We just provide the source code.

> If no:
>     I could help with packing the GNU nano as a snap and give the snap back
> to you for distribution.

It is not our task to provide installable binary packages.
That is the job of each distro's package maintainer.

So, I suggest you file a a feature request with Ubuntu Core,
asking for a snap of nano.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and