nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] a newline getting pushed offscreen

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] a newline getting pushed offscreen
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:38:25 -0500

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden>
wrote:
>> It seems to me that the counting how many columns a line is, counts
>> one column too few: the column where the cursor is when it is at the
>> very end of the line, on the virtual newline -- that is: on the
>> terminating \0 byte.  That byte also needs a column.
>
> So I propose the attached solution.

Unfortunately, this patch doesn't seem to have any effect on the bug in
question.  And I don't like wasting a column either, whether in atblanks
or non-atblanks softwrap mode, but I couldn't think of anything better.

However, after looking at the patch, I think you're on the right track.
How about the attached patch instead, which should fix the bug *and*
allow the last column to be used in atblanks softwrap mode?