nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] the description of nano in Debian

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] the description of nano in Debian
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 00:13:59 +0200

Hi Benno!

El dt 27 de 06 de 2017 a les 17:09 +0200, en/na Benno Schulenberg va
escriure:
> Hello Jordi,
>
> Thanks for pushing 2.8.5 into unstable (instead of experimental).
> That will get us much wider testing.  :)

The only reason they were going to experimental was due to Debian being
frozen for stretch. Now that the cat is out of the bag, updates can
start flowing in again. :)

> One thing: on https://packages.debian.org/sid/nano the description
> of nano has been unchanged for probably more than a decade.  Since
> then, nano has acquired a few features that might be worth
> mentioning.
> I would suggest replacing the bullet list with this one:
>
>    - undo/redo;
>    - line numbering;
>    - syntax coloring;
>    - soft-wrapping of overlong lines;
>    - selecting text by holding Shift;
>    - interactive search and replace (with regular expression
> support);
>    - a go-to line (and column) command;
>    - support for multiple file buffers;
>    - auto-indentation;
>    - tab completion of filenames and search terms;
>    - toggling features while running;
>    - and full internationalization support.

I replaced the list with yours basically verbatim. Many thanks for your
suggestion!

Jordi
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/