nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] indent/unindent overhaul (including undo/redo support)

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] indent/unindent overhaul (including undo/redo support)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 12:46:27 -0500

Attached one last revised edition: version 1b.  Sorry for the mess.

This one:

* Improves the status bar warning when we can't unindent.

* Makes unindent sophisticated enough to remove any indent of tabsize
columns as long as it's made up of a mixture of tabs and spaces, and as
long as it's at the beginning of the line.  (Without this, if any line
you wanted to unindent had mixed indents, you'd have to manually fix it.
With this, the cursor still moves a constant amount.)

* Importantly, fixes the extension of the undo code to use an array of
strings instead of an array of bools to hold the indent, and fixes
memory corruption problems in the extension, relative to the last
version.  (These consisted of a few off-by-one array accesses.  Plus,
I'm not sure the array of bools in the last version was freed properly,
but the array of strings in this version should be.)